Sunday, January 30, 2005

No longer hailing from the College of Undecided.

Just because I have nothing to write about doesn't mean I won't write. How foolish of you to think so. Plus I need to practice putting only one space after the periods in my sentences. For journalistic purposes.

I went to a meeting for new writers for the FSView today. It was pretty boring. Just procedural things. Seems to be like something worthwhile, though. The cool part was that they're open to suggestions on topics and are lenient about the workload. Plus I won't really need to go anywhere, just send emails. Technology, man. I know, right?

I saw Raising Arizona last night when we went out to see Sideways, but ran late looking for this place to eat and whatnot, and... rented Raising Arizona. It was a pretty entertaining movie. It's no Big Lebowski, but then again, what is?

I am pleasantly optimistic about Weezer's fifth studio full-length release. It does not have a release date yet, but is in post-production, and the first single is almost definitively set for release on March 21st, 2005. Meaning the album can't be that much later. Oh, then touring...

I am, physically, completely over the sickness that befell me Monday. Its only lingering effects are the thoughts considered during my two-day bedrest: the possible uses I could have for a B.S. in Psychology in two years, and the efficacy of my college classes in general. Thoughts of career choices and mortality, relationships and purpose pervaded my being. You know, all the big hitters of consideration that I float around all the time.

And I went shopping for shoes. I can't find any that say what I want them to say, so I bought none. I will tirelessly continue my search.

Should I go see the Toasters tomorrow?

Should I even study for any of my tests? Pssh.

I've got a number of irrational fears
That I'd like to share with you

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:54 PM

    I thought you were supposed to have two spaces between sentences. I love Raising Arizona, it's one of my favorite movies, except it's never the one I think of when people ask me what my favorites are.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the two spaces has been ingrained in me. However, I guess according to Associated Press standards, it's just one space. I've noticed that most books do this, too. Also in the rules is this one where we have to call bands "it". I think that's going to frustrate me the most.

    Evidently, they have writers calling publicists and setting up phone interviews and all this which is really exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. I guess I'll finally learn about how to talk to people. I just wanna write.

    ... First assignment: SNMNMNM. An indie band with a tuba. Yeah, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, most of the stuff on the Internet forces one space no matter how many you put.

    I've heard the Toasters are good. But I think they are your basic punk/ska outfit.

    What about using "the band" or "they"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Sounds pretty cool...hey while you are working there, could you please do your best to kill Paul DeRevere...hate that asshole.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you hate Paul Revere?? Tory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to them, you can say the "members of the band, they" but not "the Rolling Stones, they," only "the Rolling Stones, it (as a collective unit)". He explained to us that it's wrong and dumb to do it that way, but we have to.

    If it weren't for the Tories, the American economy might not have floated after the revolution. Things were in shambles, and people were persecuting the Tories in New England, who comprised the majority of shareholders and business owners. Alexander Hamilton nobly defended the Tories in legal matters, helping to make sure the country survived.

    ReplyDelete