Thursday, January 06, 2005

Dear JUSTIN DE LA CRUZ:

In response to your request for tickets to Saturday Night Live, we are pleased to inform you that we are holding two tickets for the above reservation. PRESENTATION OF THIS LETTER IS REQUIRED TO CLAIM YOUR TICKETS. Lines form in the lobby of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Please enter from the 49th street entrance and ask the NBC Pages for "Ryan's Line". Please note that arriving after the above-mentioned arrival time could nullify this reservation.

My sister won tickets to SNL in the fall, and I flew to New York one weekend to see a taping. This time it's a dress rehearsal performance (which, if I recall correctly is actually 2 hours long, and taped) on May 7th. Although we get out by the end of April, I don't know if I'll capitalize on this venture- I guess I'll wait out until I find out who's hosting and the musical guest. I was really suprised to get the email (and phone message) regarding this; almost certainly the omen of a good semester to come.

3 comments:

  1. Rules that have been set after October 9th's trip.
    1. No sleeping in airport
    2. Wear comfortable shoes
    3. If the reservation says to show up at a certain time, show up at that time and not a second earlier
    4. Stay more than 20 hours
    5. Stop staring at the mice under the bench and quit trying to photograph them
    6. Bring Luggage

    Feel free to add to this list at any time

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7. Bring more socks.
    8. Advise minivan-cab driver not to exceed 80 MPH in a 45 MPH zone.
    9. Do something outrageous during the live taping this time to get kicked out of and banned from NBC studios since I've already seen SNL live once.
    10. Eat more pizza. ... mmm, pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11. We're out of school by then but there's a miniscule chance I might have an exam after that. Not like it really matters, since we wouldn't be staying long ... right?

    12. Huh?

    ReplyDelete