Monday, February 13, 2006

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more.

I started a Nietzsche book, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, because I saw it on the new rack in the library. It's, uhh, different. Now, THAT'S a mustache!

A tuning peg broke on the acoustic. Probably just gonna get a new set. Conversely, the strings on the electric have been on there for at least 4 months; I can feel the ridges on them from the bites of the frets, and the strings themselves are as black as the guitar's finish.

There is talk of "training" for Editor...ship of A&E. She says it's "not that hard at all. Very easy." I'm not too worried about it.

I bought Before Sunset at Wal-Mart for $3.88 (yes, DVD). I saw it last year and thought it was pretty good, especially considering 1)There is no discernable plot. 2) Nothing happens. 3) It is ALL conversation.

I still haven't seen Before Sunrise, the earlier of the pair, so I guess I'll add that to the Netflix queue. So, how's that Netflix going? It's alright. Yeah, pretty alright.

Let's see, ... what else do I have? Oh, yes. Last week as I was writing a paper three hours before it was due, I composed a somewhat entertaining phrase describing Zeus:

Regardless, after the birth of Athena, and in a manner befitting a newly-secured unchallengeable king, Zeus begins to spread his divine influence amongst nearly all of the immortal goddesses, resulting in a string of allegorical offspring. One of his more salient coital conquests involved Mnemosyne, a titaness whose name means “Memory.”

Heh.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:32 AM

    Also Sprach Zarathustra = Strausstastic

    Also, Zarathustra reminds me of Zathura, which I never saw.

    Also, the Zeus sexploitations passage reminds me of how Ms. Jury would refer to the god-member as "Zeus's thunderbolt".

    (Also, I realize you posted this awhile ago, but we get around when we come around.)

    ReplyDelete