Friday, February 24, 2006

First fanmail!

I got my first ever piece of fanmail today (although I figure it was more over the content I pointed to than my actual writing...)!

Hey I saw your article in the paper today and it was great. I downloaded Ricky Gervais' podcasts and they are hilarious. I was wondering if you know where I could get the first 8? Itunes only has 9, 10, 11, and 12. Thanks.

Your adoring fan,
Washington Irving


Nah, I just made that last part up. But I'm still touched. Even if I've only influenced one person's life... ahh, so optimistic now.

This fanmail makes up for the fact that all of my m-dashes are mysteriously missing from my article (three were present when I submitted it) and were surreptitiously replaced with commas or, in one case an apostraphe + s (note: "Such shows provide a unique experience of entertainment's one that I hope..." should in fact be "Such shows provide a unique experience of entertainment [HUGE FREAKING WITTY/COOL/STYLISH M-DASH <-->] one that I hope..."). Don't know what happened there.

No comments:

Post a Comment