Thursday, September 29, 2005

Things are about to start getting crazy-go-nuts.

Upcoming free shows:

Stars
Ambulance LTD. w/ We Are Scientists!!!
John Vanderslice w/ Portastatic
Minus the Bear w/ Headphones

(and many others)

Upcoming weird "show":

Andy Rourke of The Smiths DJ-ing for Big Daddy's 80s night

Also thinking about going to see Wolf Eyes. Heh.

I just downloaded a bunch of music from our cheap Russian friends at allofmp3.com (I'm thinking of getting the entire Beatles catalogue [minus ones I already own: Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's...] there because, first of all, of the sheer size of it [the prices of new copies would be staggering], my inherent inexplicable fear of p2p programs, and [correct me if I'm wrong] Michael Jackson still owns the entire catalogue?):

Loveless by My Bloody Valentine
In the aeroplane over the sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
Slanted and Enchanted by Pavement

On a related note, I am surprised by my former A&E editor's admission that he has nearly 1,000 albums. But I'm gonna try to keep my album intake to a minimum (esp. the full-priced ones...). I haven't, but have been thinking about, counting my own supply. I think it's hovering around 200 (with a few unnecessary contributions--Hey Mercedes anyone?).

No comments:

Post a Comment