Sunday, September 25, 2005

PBS

No Direction Home, the Martin Scorsese documentary is airing on PBS (check your local listings)(all of those upcoming PBS programs from this page look great) Monday and Tuesday night. I haven't listened to much Dylan, but I'm starting to get his music and it seems like the kind of cultural film thing I would like regardless.

All-Time Top Bargains from Vinyl Fever:

The Features' Exhibit A: $3.99
The Presidents of the United States of America II: $0.99
Nada Surf's Let Go: $4.99
Radiohead's OK Computer: $3.99!!!

"Paranoid Android" alone is worth $3.99 (section from 2:42 to 3:44 is worth $3.99)(yeah, it's better than "Creep"). It is very amazing how these guys, well, play and record first of all, but also have the world of indie rock in their clutches, but they're also a major-label act. They're huge, but not even Paul de Revere can hate them for being popular (or white).

I must tear myself away from Radiohead now and go back to listening to The Weight is a Gift so I can write a favorable review for it (and study for a test...).

5GB Silver Creative Zen Micro in t-minus 2 days. I'm either gonna do a product review article for it, or an MP3 player buyer's guide article. I also snagged a spot for a Calvin and Hobbes homage-article, being relevant because of the soon-to-be-released Complete Calvin and Hobbes collection (drool)(thanks for reminding me, B).

No comments:

Post a Comment