Thursday, September 15, 2005

Technology.

This whole digital revolution has taken an impact on my cognition. Posting information online is throwing off my whole flow.

I usually have a pretty good memory for discussions I've had (in person, on telephone, in email, or even in IM) but posting my opinions online has lead to a few moments of uncertainty. I mean, I'll be offering my usual witty insight on some current affair with my close friends, and if I had recently "blogged" the subject, then I will wonder if I'm needlessly repeating myself. I'll inspect faces for a look of recognition, pause for dramatic effect to see if they jump in with what I was going to say, glance around nervously.

Only a couple of times has someone (usually the same person) acknowledged (usually tacitly) that they've heard the info before, but it'll still take a moment for my brain to trigger that I've written on the subject and the person has read what I've written. Then it just gets weird.

Weird. Still weird. Still weird when I type to someone in IM and then later that week we'll talk in real life and bring up info from the IM. Still weird. Weird, man.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:09 PM

    "... then I will wonder if I'm needlessly repeating myself. I'll inspect faces for a look of recognition, pause for dramatic effect to see if they jump in with what I was going to say, glance around nervously."

    ***

    I think this, along with your 9/11 suspicions, could be indicative of paranoia. Just chillax, man -- Dubya's got it all under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is Paranoia:

    "If you ever want to get to the bottom of Mind Control, start with your anus..."

    ("The Id Canal is located in the shadowy, taboo ridden gastrointestinal tract where the unconscious itself has its origins.")

    "As an experiment, turn up the volume during a TV commercial, a football game, a Britney Spears CD, George W. Bush or Dick Cheney giving a speech, or during the Daytona 500, an All Star Wrestling match or during an episode of Temptation Island. Chances are you will feel the vibrations coming out of your television, stereo or radio in your colon and genital region long before you feel them in your heart chakra or the frontal lobes of your brain. Once you have done this, try listening to some Rumi poetry, a Beethoven piano sonata or a Sitar recital and see how much differently these vibrations affect your body.

    As a result of further intuitive inquiries into MK, I'm now convinced that the CIA is the Id Canal of the USA, if not the world."

    (Jaye abbreviates Mind Control as MK, for some reason.)

    "If you think you are being MK'd whether by a technologically-based device emanating extremely low frequencies... try meditating. You will notice certain areas of your body tensing up, esp. the stomach, wrists, ankles as well as the Id Canal."

    ReplyDelete