Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Smoosh.

Props to Matt for this one.

So, there's this band named Smoosh. At the ages of 11 and 13 (guess which one's the drummer... that's right, the younger one... ala Hanson), these two blonde girls have played shows with Rilo Kiley, Pearl Jam, Presidents of the United States of America, Jimmy Eat World, and Cat Power. Check out that website! Awesome!

According to this fabulous interview, the two were mentored by the drummer for Death Cab for Cutie.

PM: Do you want to be a musician forever or do you want to do something else when you get older?

Asya: I want to keep doing this--

Chloe: Yeah same!

Asya: --I want to keep doing this for my whole life I guess. Until I'm a grandma.

PM: Until you're a grandma?

Asya: Yeah.

Chloe: Not until you're a grandma!

Asya:Yeah, rockin' grandmas. That'd be cool.


This is pretty awesome.

Check out an mp3 or two.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:57 AM

    Sheesh..11 and 13? Sheesh...

    ReplyDelete