Monday, April 25, 2005

FS, AF

I went to the first ever meeting for A&E at the FSView HQ this evening. Apparently, weekly meetings are gonna become a regular-type thing in the fall. They made a few good statements about the section getting away from just covering concerts and events, and opening up the area to a more magazine-type style with different features and such. I noticed that the people that went in with me to start writing in February were no longer writing. And there were some newbies. Met D.C. Reeves, head editor of everything, or something, and he kept claiming he "wasn't as big an asshole" as his mass e-mail made him seem, but he didn't do anything at the meeting to hint otherwise.

My upcoming article involves The Firebird Band with one member from Braid... the one that wasn't in Hey Mercedes... Christopher Broach.

Then I went to see Agnostic Front at the Beta Bar (because I was put on the guest list, first time ever). Yeah, it was okay. I'm glad I didn't shell out $14 for it, but it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be.

I got up at 4 o'clock today. PM.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me, Micah might be calling you soon. He's trying to find places to play shows between Melbourne and Nashville. I dunno if you can help him or not, but we figured maybe you guys could work something out.

    ReplyDelete