Sunday, October 09, 2005

Picture time!



This is a wrapper from a candy my sister and I got in Georgia over this summer. It was comprised of a jelly center that was kind of like an orange slice candy (minus the sugar coating), except purple, and a thin layer of chocolate on the outside. It wasn't that good, but the wrapper is hilarious! "Full of Eastern Promise"!



I sketched this from a picture I found on the internet in anticipation of painting something on canvas. I never did paint anything, but I kind of like the sketch (it's supposed to be a fox, but it looks more like a wolf).



This is most of the photo (all that fit in the scanner) that I bought today from Theresa Kereakes at Vinyl Fever. I wrote an article about her for this event, and it turned out pretty cool, although I thought she was going to bring dozens of pictures, laid out all around, but there were just about 20 over on one spot on the wall. She signed this picture I bought (it's of Debbie Harry... of Blondie, you know?).

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I thought that wrapper said EASTER Promise for the longest time. hehe. That's why I thought you thought it was funny because we bought that candy in August. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Full of Eastern Promise. Hmm, intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Woulda been better if you'd titled it "Picture This!". I like your wolfox. (Paint It Black.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not allowed to obsess over Heller until you've read Catch-22 at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Justin!
    Thanks for buying that pic from me. Thanks for writing about me in the paper and in your blog, and thanks for coming to the exhibit, buying the CD I suggested (do you like it?) and for coming to see the Woggles, too!

    Yeah... I'm only showing about 20-25 pictures per event (its usually all the wall space can bear). Next year, there will be a whole new rotation of vintage images.

    ReplyDelete