Saturday, October 15, 2005

Dumb.

Bass Tab for The Police's "So Lonely."

This is my first submission to the ftp site. Next time I'll pick a more difficult song. I just wanted to see how long it would take to write one of these up, and, for anyone also wondering, it doesn't take long at all.

Yeah, it doesn't take long at all... especially when everything you've written is completely wrong.

Look, I'll do... say, Rush's "YYZ"

q w er ty ima doofus
|------6-7--99999--8.52--6-4-3----|
|--3---------------------------------| Repeat Ad finitum (86 X-s)
|0---7------------------------------|
|12---3-6-1111111111111111-1--|

You get all the half steps played in the loud chorus, but you can't tell he's (blatantly) playing half-steps in the verse too? And when you write mysterious letters overtop, at least have a legend (yeah, I know what they mean, but that's just dumb). "R"s? C'mon.

And then, somehow, every single tabs site only posts your crappy tab (Oh, sometimes it looks like they post an alternate version, "Bass Tabs 2," but it's still just your tab). Come on Derek, get with the program.

At least reading your tab made me realize something new: I had known Sting's real name was Gordon Sumner, and that Andy Summers played in The Police, but I never put two and two together. Sumner and Summers. And Copeland.

NO, I will not post my own tabs, nor stop making fun of people I don't know on the internet, just because. Because I don't wanna.

(This would be really funny if I was wrong about the notes in this song, but I just listened to it 20 times, so... probably not.)

1 comment:

  1. It's funny to me how much effort people will go to not to have to read music. Tabs, lead sheets, there's even a system called "Nashville numbers" that works exactly like roman numerals, except they use Arabic numbers.

    ReplyDelete