Monday, February 21, 2005

So

I went walking down to the FSView HQ because I didn't want to drive during the hectic school hours, and it turns out there's a nice little bad part of town back there. I was walking up around Dewey and Brevard streets, on one side of the street due to lack of sidewalk, and this SUV rolls up to me and slows down:

"Hey dog, you wanna buy some weed?" Said the middle-aged white male with a goatee.
"...No."
"No?"

/drives off.

I was pretty stunned. Then I thought, maybe it was because I was wearing my RX Bandits tee shirt.

Wow, then I got promotional CDs at the office that I don't even have to write anything about! Centromatic Love you just the same and Baptist Generals No Silver / No Gold. Then I got The Peels EP that I get to write a review for. Man, gotta love decent free stuff!

4 comments:

  1. You passed up yuppie weed? You'll never get to work for Rolling Stone that way.

    I bet it was a cop. But come to think of it, I don't think I ever saw a TPD officer in the 4+ years I was there. So maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the Peels sound totally like the Pretenders. Since I'm sure that's been said before, you might want to start with that and then jump to a completely different comparison. Not that I'm trying to write your articles or anything. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they have a lot of comparisons in their press release.
    "FOR FANS OF: Chrissy Hynde (of the Pretenders), The Donnas, Sahara Hotnights, Yeah Yeah Yeahs"

    I think they just wanted too much when they compared her to every female singer ever (second paragraph)-

    "The cross-reference seeking sorts will likely compare Miller's powerful pipes to the brassy coo of Detroit Cobras leader Rachel Nagy, as well as the brash yelp of ... Karen O. Sure, ... reminiscent of Chrissy Hynde, or Carla Bozulich."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:45 AM

    It was an Aging Hipster, of course. Don't you know anything about the demographics of Tallahassee.

    ReplyDelete