Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Facebook Security.

I tried to post the link to my Google Reader shared items into Facebook and it blocked me from posting it. The first time this has ever happened with any link posting.

"Some content in this message has been reported as abusive by Facebook users."

I guess some people clicked through the link from my profile info and somehow reported it as risque? I kept trying to post it, and then Facebook logged me out and said I was blocked until I re-confirmed my account.

So... if someone who's your friend in Facebook reports your link as being inappropriate... it can stop you from posting it? Why doesn't your friend simply block your activity from being visible, or, better yet, un-friend you? A Google Reader site is not spreading malware. I could have subverted it by converting it to a tiny link, but I didn't feel like it. So here it is. In all its glory.

My Google Reader Feed

1 comment: