Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rambling: On Music.

Sometimes I find myself falling in love with music again. Not specific tunes or albums, just the concept. That hackneyed statement that every human civilization/society that we've ever known about had music in it. Singing, instruments.

"Music: What the fuck?"

This happened today as I was driving around town, listening to Morrissey's Vauxhall and I full blast. I remember that it took me a while to get into this album. I just skipped to "Billy Bud" and "The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get." But I really like all of it now.

So this magical pondering of music infiltrated my afternoon... until I made the mistake of watching this:



What the hell is up with Jethro Tull? I think (once I find the disc space) I'm going to download this whole album (which is just the one song performed above, but 40 minutes longer) and just listen to it.

2 comments:

  1. Did Brandon make you like the Smiths or did you like the Smiths without any peer pressure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He introduced me to The Smiths, and it's one of the bands that we agree are the best of their (any?) kind.

    Morrissey's solo material, I think, is significantly (but not fundamentally) different from The Smiths, though, and I picked up on that stuff without "any peer pressure".

    ReplyDelete