Thursday, July 17, 2008

Currently on the bookdar.

My reading of Henry James' The Portrait of a Lady has been currently interrupted. I stopped about a week ago and plowed through Fear and Loathing.

Yesterday, I picked up a copy of Lolita because it was on a table of "Summer Reading" suggestions at Barnes & Noble and because I was curious.

I am infinitely amused that this edition has "John Ray" listed as the author of the forward on Amazon.



I'm going to pick up a copy of it from the library and keep reading, because I made it through about 27 pages yesterday and it was fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. What were you doing at that other bookstore? Huh? No explanation? I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to vary my coffee and reading experiences. I rarely buy anything from the stores except for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nabokov is brilliant. Pale Fire is highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete