Monday, June 09, 2008

For the record.

1. No, I am not Hispanic and
2. No, I do not speak Spanish.
3. Yes, I am Filipino, but
3. No, I do not speak Tagalog.
4. Yes, I did graduate with a degree in psychology, but
5. No, I do not want to become a psychologist;
6. No, I will not diagnose you (this is no longer funny); and
7. No, I do not know what I will do with my B.A. in Psychology.
8. No, I do not know what I will do with my B.A. in Humanities.
9. No, I do not know what I will do with my M.A. in Humanities.
10. Yes, I am in a band and yes, I do write about music, but
11. No, I will not sing for you just because you asked me and
12. No, I probably do not listen to/like the bands you listen to/like.
13. No, beards are not itchy.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for clearing that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of turning this into a poem. You know, like those list kinds of poems?

    http://ettcweb.lr.k12.nj.us/forms/listpoem.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. What’s in the city?
    late nights spent walking aimlessly through dark alleys,
    noisy gas fuming trains,
    people who won't hold the doors for you because they're assholes,
    people who hold the doors for you because it's their job, but they're still assholes,
    people who hold the door for you because they're homeless and want your change,
    small tenemants for ridiculous prices,
    another Starbucks on this corner,
    the cultural mecca of the world (spreads arms wide as if on the bow of an enormous trans-atlantic ship)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too poetic for your own good.

    Did you notice that the Starbucks logo changed? Instead of just the woman's face and hair, it's zoomed out now with the woman's torso and naked breasts covered ever-so-scantily with her trusses.

    ReplyDelete