Friday, January 27, 2006

I'll lick my wounds, would you pass the salt?

The Hold Steady: Separation Sunday
Spoon: Kill the Moonlight
The Beatles: Revolver
Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Joy Division: Closer

Cat Power: The Greatest
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins: Rabbit Fur Coat
Spoon: Girls Can Tell
Wilco: A.M.

Wilco: Kicking Television
Neil Young: Harvest

Wilco: Being There

***

That's quite an enormous amount of CD purchases for one week. This should hold me for a while. For the record, half of those were irresistible used purchases. So, you know, it wasn't that much money. ::cough::

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy that Elton John. I think you will. I never could get into Joy Division, though. Or New Order, for that matter. Just something about the vocals or the song construction.

    Heard good things about the Cat Power CD, and Neil Young is my own latest addiction, so I think you've got enough to last you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm not the only compulsive buyer in the family. Good to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not really 'compulsive' per se, if I knew about them beforehand and saw they were on sale, or wanted to get them new.

    It's just... thrifty and ... splurging.

    Cat Power's good. It's very mellow, chill out music.

    ReplyDelete