Friday, November 04, 2005

Andrew Bird.


Here is some interesting art I found while streaming Andrew Bird's latest album, The Mysterious Production of Eggs.







***

So I haven't gone for groceries in weeks, I just did all of my laundry, but our dryer still does not work properly, our (and apparently everyone else's [comcast]) internet connection has been on the fritz for the past three days, and I just saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Eh.

Nashville for Turkey Day, baby!

***

Yesterday I had this deeply moving, realistic dream. I woke up after a two-hour nap after classes and was stunned at how vivid this dream was. The mind, you see, is very powerful.

***

Evolutionary psychology/biology is just plain dumb. Have you heard of this stuff? People come up with theories based on what has happened. "So, evolutionary psychologists would tell us, since life began in the ocean, we didn't need a taste for salt, and that's why it's separate from sweet tastes, even though we still need the properties of things that taste salty."

No one tests anything.
No one predicts anything.
No one adds anything useful to existing knowledge.
Just, theories about stuff that's happened.

Heck, I do that all the time. And I don't need a degree/to spend my life's work doing it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the dancing picture. I'm excited about Thanksgiving. We should just have it at the opryland hotel. I think they have a fancy dinner there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:47 AM

    1) I am listening to this album and I really, really like it.

    2) Everything Is Illuminated is no longer playing at M-5 or any other Tally venue for that matter. Don't worry, though -- you could always go see Doom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I know Mr Bird from way back in his Squirrel Nut Zippers days. He is a cool guy.

    Secondly, if you guys stay at Opryland I might just have to stay there with you.

    Thirdly, when I play Doom or Doom-like games for extended periods of time, it makes me motion sick. I wonder if the movie will do that too, or if it will just make me plain sick. But I'm not going to find out. If this video game to movie trend continues, somebody needs to get on the ball and write a script for Fallout.

    ReplyDelete