Friday, August 26, 2005

Yeah, I still write for the paper...

Ever notice how prevalent hypothetical situations are in social interactions? People talk about what they've done, what they're doing, and what they've going to do, but they also joke around with what could be happening right then. Part of our childhood imagination escaping through socially condoned speculations of whether we should just take the whole box of pizza, run around shouting... okay, well these aren't really good examples, but you know what I'm talking about.

***

I lost a promising interview this morning because they could not locate that particular Sprint subscriber on the network. He said he was in Maine and that I should call him back if we get cut off, and we did, and I did, but one hour later I was still not talking to him. Well, at least I have the cell phone number to a semi-well-known indie rocker, although I would find difficulty using it in any way other than calling him and saying "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME BACK TO CONTINUE THE INTERVIEW" and then hanging up. Or something.

1 comment:

  1. What a doofus wrinkle. The other guy, not you.

    ReplyDelete