Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Misc.

I woke up way too early for my classes today, thinking I needed to be on campus at 9:30, when it was really 11:15. I walked down Pensacola, down Stadium's underpass. I had two of my psychology classes today, and both of them are looking more promising than I imagined, mostly because the prof.'s were entertaining people. I've really had exceptional staff members as instructors these past couple of years and wonder how I pick 'em so well.

This past weekend I was informed that I was promoted to A&E assistant editor, and I have edited a bit so far, but I have some left to do right now. So I'm listening to Sinatra and looking forward to deleting commas, inserting dashes, etc.

We watched the original Godzilla tonight, in the special director's cut release that came out last year. This is the first of many exciting titles lined up for the SLC this fall (A Very Long Engagement, Sin City, Singin' in the Rain, A Streetcar Named Desire, Back to the Future) that I'm looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

I wrote a rather charming review of Broken Flowers today. I was actually a little proud of it and will be glad to see it run and give that great film some (more) press.

...Anybody hear the new Kanye West? How is it?

1 comment:

  1. Singing in the Rain- Five Stars!! I love that movie! I have the special edition on dvd but have never seen it on a big screen. And Cocoa Village Playhouse is performing it on stage this season, although I hear the stage version does not hold a candle to the movie.

    ReplyDelete