Monday, March 21, 2005

Still haven't started that article...

I really do work better the closer the deadline approaches. This whole planning ahead nonsense just adds unwarranted stress.

Friday: (a) Picked up first ($10) paycheck from the FSView. I'm thinking of blowing it all on an extravagant evening of, say, eating at Momo's... or buying a CD.
(b) Practiced with LTTE.
(c) Finally received press release on article that was due today.

Saturday: (a) Woke up at about 2 PM.
(b) Defeated a Monte Cristo at Bennigans.
(c) Spent the day wondering if I would be able to see The Incredibles, or if I would have to play at some drunken, hippy, ESP party.
(d) Played with LTTE at some drunken, hippy ESP (Environmental Services... Pundits or something) party, which celebrated "National Earth Day" by lighting a bonfire in some girl's backyard and playing rock music.
(e) Added the local band Grand Canyons to mental list of entertaining local bands.
(f) Received no response concerning interviews from guy for whose article was due today.
(g) Went to sleep at around 5:45 AM Sunday Morning.

Sunday: (a) Woke up at about 1 PM.
(b) Received approval for an extension on my deadline that was due today because I couldn't get an interview with this guy for the Rainbow Concert.
(c) Began studying for my Abnormal Psychology test, which I have today at 3:35 PM EST.
(d) Went to, and shopped at, Club Publix.
(e) Went to see The National (good), Calla (run-of-the-mill), and The French Kicks (great) at the CDU.
(f) Went to sleep around 2:30 AM, wondering why I didn't study more for my test, or my Latin quiz that I had first thing this morning (aced it).

***

Man, that Monte Cristo was a beast!

3 comments:

  1. The Monte Cristo hurts me just thinking about it. You think you've got it bad? I have to have a piece ready for symphonic band tomorrow. Parts and all.

    ...smeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I realized my comments here mostly consist of picking apart whatever it is you've written ... so I'll try not to do that anymore. I'll tell bad jokes instead.

    A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning.

    The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first."

    The husband said, "I'm too busy getting ready in the morning, so I think you should do it."

    Wife replies, "No, and besides the Bible says it's the man's responsibility to make coffee."

    Husband replies, "I can't believe that. Show me."

    So she fetched the Bible, and sure enough it says:

    "HEBREWS"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A string walks into a bar...

    yada, yada, yada,

    'fraid (k)not.

    There should be contest where you write the jokes from the punchlines provided...

    What do you _________________?

    Fried Shrimp!

    ReplyDelete