Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mitch Hedberg.

Saw him here last year:

An escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.

I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone wants to get a hold of me they just say "Mitch," and I say "What?" and turn my head slightly.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, Don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".


I thought he had some funny things; it was strange how he could rattle off a couple dozen jokes unconnected.

2 comments:

  1. He was here like 2 weeks ago for a couple nights. I told Caleb we should go see him but we never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he died. He was in pretty bad shape when I saw him at the Hard Rock though. I'm guessing he OD-ed on something although they said it was a heart condition.

    ReplyDelete