Sunday, December 05, 2004

Tell me

how that last post showed up three times when it didn't even process the first time...? Nevermind, I don't care (I deleted two of them).
List of good songs I listened to today:

Morrissey "The more you ignore me, the closer I get". 3 guitar parts throughout, up to 5-6 during the choruses. Very impressive.

Foo Fighters "Big Me". Main vocals doubled- gives it a spooky ambience, harmonized vocals work well with the tune. Simple.

Pearl Jam "Animal". Wicked awesome guitar solo that extends into the chorus. Tight!

The Mountain Goats "Baboon". "Your powers stripped of meaning, sky burning, spring cleaning".

and

That new song I'm working on that has a pretty good melody and keeps it simple. Might be a while before all of you hear that one though- still have to arrange it a bit, and such.

1 comment:

  1. Paul Simon - "A Church is Burning"

    From his early Songbook record. Not very good performance-wise, but a great song.

    Beach Boys - "Don't Worry Baby"

    Written as a follow-up to "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes which Brian Wilson listened to until the grooves wore out on the record.

    I think both these songs are going to be on my next record. They fit the ideology of it perfectly, as strange as that may sound. I've got some cool arrangement ideas that are going to make them rock.

    Clash - "Spanish Bombs"

    The first thing I saw today was a reference to this (a headline on Fark) so I turned it up and rocked out before I went to class.

    ReplyDelete