Monday, December 13, 2004

I keep everything.

Go ahead- ask me for some notes from 9th grade Biology on animal versus plant cell structures. I got 'em. Want some EG band charts from the 2001 Movie Music show? Got those too. Every time I look through my closet I'm reminded of that spring cleaning episode of the Simpsons, where Homer digs through a basement full of old calendars and TV guides that he doesn't want to throw away, because "You never know when an old calendar might come in handy. Sure, it's not 1985 now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? And these TV Guides- so many memories."

This leads me to my second point: whenever I travel, I bring at least 10 useless things with me. "What if I want to catch up on my reading... but, no, I'm gonna need a wide selection, what if I'm not in the mood for that particular book? Better bring four more, just in case." I give myself so many options for doing things, when I usually don't even getting around to doing one or two things completely. On my first plane ride, I carried on took two books, a newspaper, a CD player, CDs, my old school gameboy, games, and a notebook and pens, and I just ended up listening to the music provided on the plane and falling alseep or something. But at least if someone wants to come over and listen to some of my better CDs, play several video games, read a few of my favorite books, rock out on two of my guitars, and watch a few DVDs over the winter break, they'll be able to.

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, but you probably knew that.

    I guess this means I don't need to bring my PS2 home, eh?

    /still missing a network adapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    If packrats ruled the world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you don't have to bring your system, but you can bring some games. Dad let me use the TV in the back room for gaming since it is just sitting there. I started looking through the closets for the Super NES power cord, because I found the system, games, and controllers in the back, and I have a/v cables from the n64 that would work with it, but I can't find the power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At some point I think it ended up getting used for one of my pedals. If we can't find it, we'll run to Radio Shack. I need a new power adapter for my router anyway.

    ReplyDelete