Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Guest post on Hack Library School

As I mentioned briefly in a post on my Italy blog, I was able to write a guest post for a great blog, Hack Library School, which is aimed at library students and the transition from library school into the world of working as an information professional.

My post is about my efforts in starting to bring the Florence library and study center into the digital realm. You can read it here:

http://hacklibschool.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/fsuflorence/

And here’s a teaser for anyone who’s deciding whether or not to click the link:

I’m in a unique position. In the second year of my MLIS program at Florida State University, I’ve been granted the opportunity to work and study abroad in Florence, Italy. I’m now using the practical knowledge I’ve learned so far in library studies to supervise FSU’s Study Center Library in the heart of one of the world’s most-visited cities. So what’s the catch?

No comments:

Post a Comment