Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Work Email Exchange

Hello,

I was wondering if we could reserve a Bellamy classroom that holds 40 people for a class dance workshop to be held...

Wed, June 8
9:30 – 10:45 a.m.
For: [REDACTED]

I believe all classrooms in Bellamy have laminate / tile floors; that was one request that the instructor had.

Thanks!

Justin



Justin...A couple of questions before I say yes. Will there be music, dancing, etc? If so...a room in say Montgomery Hall would be more appropriate. The class instructors adjacent to the "dance workshop" might not understand and probably would have a very low tolerance for an event of this nature. Now if this is just a seminar on dance...I don't think there would be a problem, but the request for laminate/tile floors makes me suspicious. See if you can find out exactly what the room will be used for.

Michael



Upon further inspection of the matter, the instructor said that there will only be a short demonstration during the class (about 5 minutes) by one dancer, and the floors are needed only so that the dancer’s shoes can properly slide. Music would be kept at a level no louder than (and most likely quieter than) a movie that would be shown in class. The remaining time for the room reservation will be spent lecturing.

Best,

Justin



Justin...I am still a little reluctant to allow the music and dance routine. I seem not to have good experiences with reservations of this type. I usually end with a call from an instructor that the group next door is having a Broadway Play with music, instruments and dance! If it's what you describe...I guess it will be okay.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment