Monday, October 19, 2009

Checking up.

Nearly every day, I see weird news stories online. During college, I was reading Fark. Now Facebook, Google Reader, and Twitter provide pretty much all I can take.

But I was thinking about a couple past internet news sensations and where they might be today. Honestly, I thought both would be dead.

The first is the man who has eaten a Big Mac every day since 1972. He's still alive.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26623057/

And he keeps a few Big Macs in his freezer just in case another snow storm comes through and closes McDonald's. And he hasn't cut his hair in 20 years.

The second person I checked on was the guy who for 20 years drank only Pepsi. Meaning, the only liquid he consumed was Pepsi. He's still alive.

http://www.sirpepsi.com/pepsi10.htm

But he quit. Well, he still drinks Pepsi. But he drinks other things now, too. (See the note at the bottom of the site.)

Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. There's something disconcerting about reading the phrase "I've decided to reintroduce water into my diet."

    ReplyDelete