Thursday, March 19, 2009

Return of the blog!

It's been a while since I've done an earnest blog post. I know it's not because of a shortage of ideas. So I will chug out a quick, earnest, old-school blog post about stuff that's been going on in my life recently.

My most recent artistic and intellectual achievement is Sketch Comics, a comic blog that I started (on Wordpress... sorry Blogger, I just wanted a change of pace...) after finding Sketchory.com, a website that shares thousands of sketches, which are free to use and distribute under the Creative Commons license. I'd always wanted to start a comic strip (one time, years ago, I wrote out about two dozen strip ideas) but never had the inclination/inspiration to start drawing. Sketchory, I've found, is a great source for putting together quick comics that look halfway decent. (I use the GIMP for all the comics... I'm still learning all the nuts and bolts of it.) Feel free to steal my idea and outdo my comic wit. Or send me your comic strip ideas and I might feature them.

Outside of that, I've been keeping busy with the usual outlets: playing in bands, listening to music, writing music reviews, reading, eating.

I think the reason I don't do as many blog posts anymore is because my work time is usually spent in the Facebook / Google Reader / GMail / Twitter realms, and all the microblogging and micro-social managing and micro-commenting has put a real cramp in my blog posts. Because I go through a lot of great ideas and jokes in small doses throughout the day. And I don't usually like repeating them. (And outside of my work time, I have class time. Outside of that, I try to relax and not touch a computer too much...)

But I will try to make an effort to post a thoughtful or prideful thing here every once and a while... if only to try and prove that one smug Wired article wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment