Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Presidential primaries.

This is the first time I've been following the presidential primaries. Most of the articles I read, I've just noticed, are very strange. They speak of the Hispanics in Texas, the blacks in South Carolina, et al.

Do these people know they're being written about?

It's kind of scary, because a lot of it has to do with fundraising, and then I thought "why do they need so much money?" And the reason is because they need to run tv and paper ads in the states with upcoming primaries so they can get people who don't read these articles to vote for them. It's like sports reporting. "Obama's financial edge," "victories on Super Tuesday."

We are most certainly looking for the best politician and not the best leader.

(Which isn't to say I don't choose Obama over the rest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment