Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Minimum charges suck.

Minimum charges suck. I will no longer yield to their demands. If you can't sell me an overpriced Gatorade for $2.19 on a sweltering spring day because "minimum debit, credit charge is $3.00," but then you allow me to add a can of Diet Coke to the deal, bringing the total to $2.99 ("That's okay"), then you don't need my business anymore.

Same goes for anything else. If you make me buy/pay more for anything because of some pre-established minimums (minima), I just won't buy/pay for it at all. I'm sure you'll have luck suckering other suckers into buying useless crap they don't need so that both you and they can have the ultra convenience of not having to carry around cash.

Enjoy your spaghetti -- you're very egotistical.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:00 AM

    Haha -- Wanna know what sucks? Writing a paper at 5 AM on how James I and Timon of Athens are alike and what role the politics of the Jacobean court played for each sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time, let them know that you know their contract forbids it and you'd be happy to call (card company) and report them.

    here

    and

    here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I never even thought of that. Very cool info -- I think I'll write an article about it.

    That makes sense, though. The other thing I was going to complain about were surcharges on card purchases. I know of a couple places that force 50 cent charges on debit transactions, but usually credit cards don't have those fees, and I've always wondered why...

    Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, tell me where the spaghetti quote is from. I know I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never mind. The Dane Train. mmmhmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a similar thing going on when I was in England - some restaurants when you asked for water would give you the expensive bottled stuff and claim that they didn't serve tap water. One night at this restaurant a girl was all in the waiter's face saying, "The city council passed a law that says you have to give me tap water!" It was unreal.

    It's too bad that they only do it because the credit card companies probably squeeze them for everything they can. We should start a credit card company that doesn't do that crap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Screw that -- I just want to start a magazine. One that doesn't have advertisers so I can do whatever the crap I want.

    ... I guess it would be easier to start an ad-free website.

    ReplyDelete